SSS Sickness Benefits

Sickness benefit is a daily cash allowance paid for the number of days a member is unable to work due to sickness. It is equivalent to 90% of the average daily salary credit.


Qualifications for Entitlement of Sickness Benefit:


  Should be 4 days and above

  Can be Home or Hospital Confinement


  Has paid at least (3) monthly contributions within the 12-month period immediately before the semester of sickness or injury.


  Covered employee notified his employee

  Voluntary and Self Employed member notified SSS

         Company Sick Leave

Procedures on How to Avail:

    Employed member shall notify his employer within five (5) calendar days after the start of his confinement, except if:

  Confinement is in hospital

  Sickness occurred while working

  Within the company premises

The employer must notify the SSS of the confinement within (5) calendar days after receipt of the notification.

    Unemployed, Self-Employed (SE) or Voluntary Members (VM) shall directly notify the SSS of his sickness or injury within five (5) calendar days after the start of  confinement, unless such confinement is in the hospital in which case notification is not necessary.


If the unemployed, VM and SE member notifies SSS beyond the prescribed 5-day period, he shall be paid by the SSS only from each day of confinement from the fifth calendar day preceding the date of notification to the SSS.

Forms and documents needed in filing:

    For the employed member:

  SSS Form CLD-9N (Sickness Notification)

For the employer:

  SSS Form B-304 (Sickness Benefit Reimbursement Application).

    For the unemployed/self-employed/voluntary member:


  SSS Form CLD-9A (Sickness Benefit Claim for Unemployed/Self-employed/Voluntary Members)

  SSS Form MMD-102 (Medical Certificate)


    Additional Documents for unemployed member:


  Certificate of no advance payment granted issued by the employer if the confinement period applied for is within or prior to date of separation.

  Certificate of Separation issued by last employer and showing the effective date of separation from employment, or

  Notice of companys closure/strike, or

  Certificate from the Dept. of Labor and Employment that the employee or employer has a pending labor case.

  Presentation of the SS Digitized ID/SSS Form E-6 (acknowledgment stub) with 2 valid Ids, one of which with the recent photo.


Where to file:


    For the employed/separated member - claims may be filed at the nearest SSS office. However, processing will be done at the branch where the employer and employee  records are based.


    For the voluntary/self-employed member - claims may be filed at the SSS office nearest the members residence. However, processing will be done at the branch where the record is based.